Monday, March 5, 2012

80's Monday: Heathers

80's MONDAY

[Every first Monday of every month is 80's Monday.
There's a lot of movies that came out
in the 80's that were so popular that I haven't seen.
I'm an 80's kid, so this segment will give me a chance
to catch up on some of those popular typical movies from this period.]


Heathers
Dark comedy and very cheesy.
What to expect?
Well, the story was a bit unexpected.
Didn't look like it was going to be
as crazy but it definitely delivered in that department.
I love the quirky dialogue.
Favorite scene:
the ending where Winona Ryder comes back to the school
all bloody and messy and disses one of the Heathers
and makes friends with the nerdy big girl.
Love it.
We see a young Christian Slater going from charming
to psycho. Didn't know he had it in him to
want to blow up the whole school.

How the hell did I miss this in the 80's.
Well, I always thought this was some kind of chick flick.