Monday, March 19, 2012

The Descendants


The Descendants
This was really good.
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Right from the beginning, the story gets me in.
Most of us think that people who live in Hawaii have it made.
Everyday is a vacation.
But, in fact, they have problems just like the rest of the world.
This is the story of a Hawaiian family with problems.
Drama mixed with comedy.
I enjoyed this a tad more than I did Sideways
(also by the same director).
Obviously, George Clooney delivers his performance.
I also like the other characters:
the annoying little daughter, the rebellious older daughter,
the stupid boyfriend.
Well written script.

Worth checking out.
Hell, I'd buy it.
And I'm picky when it comes to buying movies.
This went well with a Hawaiian feast
(braised pork with pineapple sandwich and Longboard Beers).