Friday, March 9, 2012

Chaplin


Chaplin
I saw Charlie Chaplin's The Great Dictator this past Saturday
and I remembered they have a movie about
Chaplin that I haven't seen. So I scheduled
it for today. Pretty cool.
I don't know how much of it is true.
But, interesting life this Chaplin guy lived.
Robert Downey Jr does good as Chaplin.
Besides being a womanizer, I thought Chaplin
also had an alcohol problem. But this film didn't
touch that.
I like some of the sequences on here.
Some of the sequences made the actual
movie seemed like a silent picture from way back
then but with color.
Maybe next year I'll have a Silent Movie Night.

Charlie Chaplin had troubles with his legal status
here in this country. FBI's J. Edgar Hoover was responsible
for his deportation. The only reason I mentioned that
is because I'll be watching the movie, J. Edgar, this weekend.