Friday, February 26, 2010

Truck Turner / T.N.T Jackson

Friday at the Grindhouse Presents:


Truck Turner
Bad ass blaxploitation flick.
Before I get started on the comments for this,
just want to add, that tonight I decided to do
a double blaxploitation feature.
My friend Ramon's daily movie question reminded me
that this month is Black History month.
So, that's the reason for tonights presentation.
Back to my comments on this:
At first I thought, this was going to be boring,
but the story sucked me right in after 20 minutes.
And what also did it for me was the awesome chase scene.
And there was some good moments where the dialogue was fun,
for example, Truck Turner slaps this girl silly for stabbing his friend
and he yells all of a sudden: "Bitch!!"
Also, nice shots.


Blaxploitation fans, this is a must if you haven't checked it out.
The theme song for this movie is also featured in Kill Bill Vol. 1.



T.N.T Jackson
Since the first feature was about this guy kicking ass,
for the second feature, I wanted a girl doing all the ass kicking.
So, out of the I Luv Video archives, I found this movie.
I said to myself, "what the hell, let's do it."
Big mistake.
I didn't enjoy this for shit.
The lead actress wasn't good, the story wasn't interesting,
and all the fights were lame.
But, this is a grindhouse movie, that's understandable.
Even with that in mind, I didn't like anything in it.
The good thing is that this last only 70 minutes.

Stay away from this. Stick with a Pam Grier movie instead.