Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lolita

"Catching Up With A Director" Segment
This month's director is Stanley Kubrick.
I saw The Killing, Paths of Glory, Spartacus,
and Barry Lyndon this month.
Now for the last Kubrick film to see this month.

Lolita
I been wanting to see this movie for some time now.
I always see artwork for it at I Luv Video.
Now, the wait is over.
Brilliant performances.
That's all I have to say about this movie.
That's what Kubrick is all about, bringing
great and realistic performances in people.
I wasn't too fond of the story, but good and decent work.
To me, this is another movie that was good for its time (1962).
It was long and slow, but what can we expect from
a Kubrick drama?

Now, that I've seen all of his films
(except Killer's Kiss and Fear and Desire),
here's my most favorite to least favorite:
1. A Clockwork Orange
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. Full Metal Jacket
4. The Shining
5. Dr. Strangelove
6. The Killing
7. Spartacus
8. Paths of Glory
9. Lolita
10. Barry Lyndon
11. Eyes Wide Shut