Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Box

New Release Tuesdays Presents:

The Box
Another Richard Kelly film has passed us by
without being as good as Donnie Darko.
I'm one of those people who actually thought
Southland Tales was alright.
Here with "The Box," Richard Kelly's
credibility remains the same (maybe a little drop).
I'm a big fan of the original story.
I was curious to see how this one would play out.
I like some of the changes. The story wasn't that bad.
I like that it turns more mysterious.
But the performances and the pacing of the film
are ridiculous. I also didn't like that they threw
in some weird scenes just to be different.
It was a little annoying at times.
There's not one scene that stood out for me
that made me say, "Wow."
Overall, it was okay to see once.
I should of listened to my heart and should of
chosen "The Informant" for tonights movie.
But, I wanted to get this one out of the way
to ease my curiousity.