Friday, February 5, 2010

The Killing

"Catching Up With A Director" Segment

This month I will catch up with Director Stanley Kubrick.
How could I call myself a cinephile when I haven't seen
half of his films? That's pathetic.
I love most of his films I've seen, which are:
A Clockwork Orange
2001: A Space Odyssey
Full Metal Jacket
The Shining
Dr. Strangelove
and Eyes Wide Shut.

He has 7 other feature films I haven't seen yet.
Thanks to this segment, I'll be watching five of those
this month. Kubrick is a director that I have a lot of respect for.
So, this is going to be a fun month.

The first Kubrick film to see this month is
his third feature film:.

The Killing
Brilliant film we got here.
This is clearly one of the best heist films I ever seen.
I'm a complete A-hole for not seeing this earlier.
At first glance, it looked like it was going to be a little boring,
but when the story moved along, it was precious.
Love the way Kubrick put this together.
We go back and forth in the timeline
with different point of views from different characters.
The actual heist reminded me of how Tarantino did
the heist in Jackie Brown.

Regardless if you're a Kubrick fan or not,
this classic is worth to buy.