Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Law Abiding Citizen

New Release Tuesdays
Presents:

Law Abiding Citizen
For those who haven't seen this yet,
just know that I didn't like it overall.
But, there was some good scenes.
The rest of my comments contain many spoilers.
So don't read anymore if you haven't seen it.

(Spoiler Warning)

What can I expect from a too Hollywood movie?
A disappointed ending with Jamie Foxx walking by the explosion,
like the ultimate badass, it's what I can expect.
I tried liking this movie.
There was some good scenes.
Like the torture scene being videotaped and
the judge scene where she answers her phone.
But, Jamie Foxx's character, was getting on my nerves.
This guy is a lawyer who's all over the place.
I didn't think lawyers can be detectives and
bomb experts. And what killed it for me was,
in the end where he surprised Clyde in his cell.
Man, he got there quick.
The intro was rushed.
The first act was good pacing.
Then, during the second, it literally went downhill
for me.
In my opinion, I would of blew up some more people
while I'm at it (like Nick Rice's daughter playing the violin
towards the end. Baaam! A final surprise).
I understand, what they were going for, but I didn't like the direction.

So, there was some good stuff in here that could
of been so much better in the end. That's just
my opinion and I'm sticking to it.