Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Zatoichi At Large

The Zatoichi saga continues with this ruthless one. Lots of blood has been shed and there will be lots more blood that needs to be shed.  This one had funny exaggerated yakuzas.  It also had a few cheesy scenes that made the overall experience bizarre.  At some point here, Zatoichi gets captured and bullied for a bit, but, not for long.  Good fighting scenes.  Typical plot. Nothing new or exciting but good enough for Zatoichi fans.  My favorite moment is when old Zatoichi here swings his sword and cuts another sword in half.  Every town he goes to, people underestimate him because he's blind.  In the end, all evil men are punished and those left behind will know the legend.  Two more movies and I'm done with the series.  I'm hoping to do one next week and have a special sake and rice ball night with the last film next month.

That's all I have.  Writers block is a bitch.  I need to lay off the booze and sober up for a while.  Enough of my bullshit.  Zatoichi rules.