Saturday, June 20, 2015

Inside Out (2015)

Pixar is back with another original and clever story.  A story all about emotions.  There's Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear.  Awesome voices by the way. Probably the best part of the movie.  Now, a lot of people praised this as something special and emotional.  It wasn't quite up there for me.  I mean, there are some good special scenes but it didn't hit me like other Pixar movies have done before.  I felt the chills shed a tear towards the end of Toy Story 3.  The first 10 minutes of UP was a tearjerker.  Toy Story, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Ratatouille. and Wall-E have a special place in my heart.  Inside Out was cool to see and I love the originality but that's all I have to say.  Awesome Pixar movie to see but maybe if you lower your expectations, this would be more special to you.  It was cool seeing this with my son at the Alamo Drafthouse.  We ordered a cheese pizza with broccoli on my side just for this movie.  We also sneaked in cotton candy because one of the characters is partially cotton candy.  That's it.  Amy Poehler kicked ass voicing Joy.
Giving this one a 7 out of 10.