Monday, June 29, 2015

Ragnarok

87 days until Fantastic Fest 2015.  Some people are probably annoyed by my excitement but fuck it.  I wanted to watch a Fantastic Fest movie on the 90 days countdown but I was out of town.  So here I am with this monster movie from 2013.  It's from Sweden.  I thought it was pretty decent.  It's a straight up monster movie.  Well, ancient monster movie.  An archeologist takes his kids and two other explorers to a certain area where vikings once explored and found something interesting.  There's something there, alright.  And it is not dead.  This reminded me a little bit of Jurassic Park and a little bit of Indiana Jones.  The guy who plays the archeologist aka the dad, is also the guy who plays the main villain in the movie, In Order of Disappearance (one of my favorite Fantastic Fest films last year).
This movie was good to see on Netflix.  Decent adventure/creature movie.