Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Remembrance

I still had some German onion pie left from the previous movie, so later at night I've looked into my Netflix list to see what German movies were there to see.  And here we are.  I had this one on there because my co-worker, Melanie, told me about it.  I'm a fan of World War 2 movies so it was only right.  This movie was original.  Not your typical concentration camp movie.  They go back and forth between the 70's and the past during the holocaust.  A married woman figures out that her lover that saved her life during those times is still alive.  It was a bit confusing at first but it was pretty much a straightforward kind of movie.  Romantic too.  I like the ending where the two lovers are about to meet and it goes to black (Kind of like the way they ended "Under the Same Moon"). 
Good to check out if you're in the mood for a WW2 drama.  It's part English and part German.