Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Daredevil

These past few weeks, I've been watching the first season of Daredevil on Netflix.  Finished it this morning.  Enjoyed it.  I've decided to rent this Ben Affleck version just for kicks.  Well, I now know why this sucks.  I saw the theatrical version because Vulcan Video didn't have the director's cut at the time.  It was lame for a lot of reasons, mainly due to cheesy sequences that are meant to be serious.  The action didn't stand out either.  The only cool thing about it was Bullseye played by Colin Farrell.  The Kingpin (my favorite Marvel villain) was disappointing.  I guess I should have seen this a long time ago to get it out of the way.  But, this just made me like the show a whole lot better.  Better casting.  Better writing.  I mean, it's not fair to compare.  The movie was made to be a brainless blockbuster.  That's all I got.  
I might check out the director's cut someday, which I've heard is way better.

 Made Devil's Food Waffles to go with the last two episodes of Season One this morning.  Can't wait for Season 2 next year with my all time favorite Marvel character, The Punisher.