Friday, July 25, 2014

Robot Friday: Robocop (2014)

Holy shit, Robocop!   They really have a thing for you.  When I first heard that director, Jose Padilha (Elite Squad movies), was directing this back in Fantastic Fest 2011, I got excited.   But, as time went on and I started seeing images, my interest dropped.  I saw the original Robocop and part 2 several times during my childhood.   Haven't seen them since.  So I can't really compare this remake.  Now, I had the chance to finally see it.  It wasn't as bad as I thought.  A lot of brutal stuff in the beginning.   It did remind me a little bit of Elite Squad.  Love Michael Keaton.  He does what he does best: going nuts.   Gary Oldman is cool as usual.  The Robocop actor himself was okay.  I don't know why but I didn't like Samuel L. Jackson's character.   He kept ruining the mood for me.  Other than that and the fact that they rushed the first act that I didn't really connect well with Murphy, everything else was fairly entertaining.   Would've wanted a bigger payoff towards the end. 
Not bad for a rental for a one night stand of entertainment.