Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Nymphomaniac Vol. 1

Whoa!  What the hell am I watching?  Oh yeah, I'm watching a Lars Von Trier film.  You know, the controversial director who brought us good films like Dancer in the Dark and Dogville.  He also brought us artsy disturbed and annoying films like Antichrist and Melancholia.  Well, this one falls under the latter for sure.  The messed up part is that this is split into parts.  The ending to this first part left me incomplete.  The good juicy parts is probably in the second part.  This one is all about this one girl who is found beaten and injured on the streets.  Her name is Joe.  She is rescued by Seligman.  At his place, Joe tells Seligman all her dirty secrets and sexual experiences.   Basically,  this first part talks about her beginnings as a nymphomaniac.  It doesn't go into details about her current situation. I guess that's the second movie.  Lots of stories and lots of characters.  It was interesting to say the least.  Overall, I thought it was okay. I can't really judge it until I finish the whole story. 
I'll try to check out part 2 sometime in the near future.