Sunday, July 20, 2014

Hard Boiled

I went on a movie date tonight with a girl I recently met.  We both agreed on this John Woo classic.   The Alamo Drafthouse brought a 35mm print of this.  Now,  I've seen most of this before a long time ago, but I don't remember it that much.  So, it's only fair to see it as a whole and comment on it.  Badass!  I can't believe how many bullets are on this movie.   This is why I love Asian cinema.  They go all out in their shooting sequences.  Probably too violent for most people, but, I love my violent cinema.  Chow Yun-Fat plays a badass cop who is trying to catch this big mob ring.  He gets help by an inside man who is working undercover.  All hell breaks loose since the opening scene.  Gotta love the famous falling off the stairs while shooting crazy motherfuckers scene.  
Now, I gotta add this to my Hong Kong/Chinese Section.   Seeing it on the big screen made a big difference.  My favorite John Woo film is still A Better Tomorrow. I remember my bro, Ramon,  introducing me to it while mentioning the reference in True Romance back in the day.

Ordered a pitcher of 512 IPA.  Nothing better than watching an Asian bullet fest with beer that will expand your mind faster than one of the bullets itself. Haha! That's good I didn't order coffee, I would have been all over the place jumping up and down.