Monday, July 21, 2014

Lone Survivor

Well done. Well done. Well done.  This movie was intense and kept me on my toes.  That could also be the coffee and cokes I had today as well.  I loved it.  Good war action with drama.  There was a moment where I got up from the couch and circled around the room with excitement.  Based on a true story, duh, these types of movies usually are.  A group of soldiers hit up a village in Afghanistan.   They're hiding in the mountains ready for their orders until a few locals show up.  From their on, every decision they make, is vital.  Like most American war movies, this is all about honor and being heroic.  But, what this one brings to the table is a lot of suspense and adrenaline.   Good pacing as well.  Kudos to director,  Peter Berg.  He also directed another favorite war movie of mine, The Kingdom.
Definitely recommend this movie.  Good times!