Friday, July 11, 2014

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Awesomeness!  This sequel delivers and stands even better than first one.  Good special effects and good score.  A lot of moments reminded me of Battle for the Planet of the Apes.  "Apes don't kill apes."  Man, a lot of great scenes.  Caesar is back and he leads thousands of apes in the backwoods of San Francisco.   It's been years since the first one.  Humans are hard to find.  Then they show up and conflict arises.  Caesar tries to keep the peace but there's an evil ape named Koba that fucks everything up.  Good message about how apes are no different than humans.  Love some of the crazy moments during the second half.  The ending left me incomplete but it's because this story is just the beginning.  A lot more is going to happen.
Good ape action entertainment.  Must see.  In my top 5 of favorite films this year so far.



My ATX Sci fi Movie Clan: Casey and Allan. I was being distracted by a wonderful light and I couldn't resist.  

The lobby of the Alamo Lakeline Theatre has a Planet of the Apes theme since they built it.  What a better way to watch the new Apes movie than watching it here.  Badass!