Thursday, July 24, 2014

Lucy (2014)

I didn't like it.  That's it.  Done. Next movie.  What an asshole I am.  Okay, I'm not much of an asshole.  I did like several badass scenes.  I really wanted to like this movie as a whole ever since I saw the first trailer and saw that Min-Sik Choi (Oldboy, I Saw The Devil) was in it.  The first scene that he's in, was awesome.  Blood all over his hands.   Then, there's a certain scene that the smart Lucy character should have been smarter but if she would have been smarter then the movie would have been a lot shorter. Don't want to spoil that.  I got tired of all the national geographic stuff and I got annoyed by the know it all Lucy after a while. The action sequences were the best parts.  The ending, well, without spoiling it, let's just say this is a prequel to the movie, Her.  That would make a decent double feature.  Stay after the credits and see a cameo by Joaquin Phoenix.  Just kidding. This movie went by fast.
This was a letdown for me but that's just my opinion.  If you don't mind my opinion,  I would say this is a rental at best just for those few entertaining scenes.  On a positive note: the caffeine rush from my double expresso shot drink and sugar from my Nutrageous made this movie on speed even more on speed.  Laughed a bit.  Here I am writing this at 3 in the morning. Go to sleep, fucker.  Goodnight!