Monday, March 3, 2014

Saving General Yang

It's been a busy week.  We moved to another place.  I was busy covering a murder trial on Friday that I had to push Robot Friday to this Friday.  I had my sister and my brother in law in town for the weekend.  Zatoichi Night will be moved to next Monday.  I installed Netflix for the first time this weekend so now I'll be able to have easier access to some movies.  I am still going to be devoted in going to my local video stores but in the case I can't go, it's good to have a back up.  My brother in law picked this movie to see for my first time Netflix experience.  None of us never heard of it until today.  It's an Asian epic movie about 7 brothers who are on a mission to rescue and bring back their father (General Yang).  It's a war out there.  This movie was non stop action and less drama.  While I did enjoy some battles and certain scenes, I didn't feel it overall.  One of the main issues I had was the subtitles.  I don't know if it's Netflix but the subtitles were delayed in a lot of scenes.  Other times, the subtitles were on for less than a second.  So I didn't understand a lot of the details in the movie just the specifics.  It was cool to see a little arrow battle towards the end. 
This was an okay Chinese action movie.  Nothing I would recommend or see again.