Thursday, February 27, 2014

French Cinema Night: Breathless

The second French Cinema Night is another film by Jean-Luc Godard.  Last month, I saw A Bande Apart.  This film is quite a lot like the other one.  I didn't really like it as much as I wanted to.  There were some cool little moments but the overall picture wasn't for me.  A little boring actually.  I hate to say that about films that are supposed to be considered very good in the cinema world.  This film has a simple story but they make it very interesting by making the characters more interactive and human.  So, for that, this gets points.  Story is about a car thief who kills a cop early in the film.  He goes into hiding but not too discreetly.  He meets this American girl and they kind of hit it off.  He wants her to escape with him to Italy.  A few more conflicts with the cops later, the movie turns tragic and it's over.  Pretty much it.
Next French Cinema Night, I'll be checking out something more modern.

Yari made Crepes a la Florentine (with Chicken and Spinach)