Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Lego Movie (2014)

My first official 2014 movie is this fun Animation.  Took my son to see it.  A few years ago I saw an Animation called, "A Town Called Panic."  It was a cute movie about plastic animal toys that moved and told a story.  The Lego Movie has the same spirit of "A Town Called Panic" with the heart of "Wreck-it Ralph."  It was funny and well, awesome.  It's the story about an ordinary lego named Emmet.  He lives the same daily routine and a happy uniformed world.  Everything changes when he gets hold of a piece of resistance and few think he's the chosen one that will save the world from an evil tyrant.  Add in a few superheroes and famous iconic characters, some laugh out loud jokes, and lego madness and you got yourself a good old time.  For a second there towards the end, I thought this was going to get ruined.  Luckily, that second turned out fine and I was impressed overall.
"Everything is awesome!"  Great movie to see.  If you haven't yet, check out:
A Town Called Panic.  That might melt your heart as well.
 
My son playing before the movie started.