Monday, February 24, 2014

Machete Kills

Now this was balls out fun!  I had low expectations with this one because I kinda got tired of the first one after a while and for some reason, I wasn't sold on this sequel.  Man, I should of seen this at the theatre, but it is what it is.  Director Robert Rodriguez delivers the grindhouse experience once again.  This is even more over the top and cheesy than the first movie and still lots of fun.  Love that the characters are exaggerated.  Never taken seriously.  Non stop action.  Also, kudos for killing off lots of big names early on.  Machete is back. He has orders from the U.S President to go into Mexico and capture and kill this big cartel boss named Mendez.  A few sexy girls and a few action scenes later, Machete gets his man but there is a catch: Mendez has a big missile ready to launch and the detonator is wired in his heart. So Machete can't kill him.  Meanwhile, a secret evil organization (led by Mel Gibson's character), a face changing bounty hunter, and some prostitutes are after all of them.  It's a hell of a ride.  I didn't like the unfinished ending to this story.  Instead of ending this story, they went ahead and transitioned it to the supposedly next movie (which they had introduced earlier in a trailer before this movie started).  It's okay though, I'll still see "Machete Kills Again...In Space," if Robert Rodriguez decides to really make it.
I won't recommend this movie to just anybody.  I would recommend this for those
who are in the mood for a silly, campy, action movie.  This one will satisfy that mood.