Sunday, February 9, 2014

Kick Ass 2

I'm a big fan of the first movie that I didn't care about all the poor reviews and negative comments made. I was still wanting to check this sequel out one day. That day came today. Got it out of my system. With low expectations in mind, I thought this was okay.  It disappointed me from time to time but overall was okay.  Kick Ass is back and he's still pretty much the same. So is Hit Girl in the beginning.   It was the same old stuff in this first half. Hit Girl was awesome in the one. It was hard to like her this time around. Didn't really care for any of the characters.  Well, maybe one character is worth mentioning.  Mother Russia was badass. Good villain.   The rest of them didn't bring anything cool and exciting to the table.  Kick Ass teams up with lots of other superheroes including his friend all led by Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carey).  Meanwhile Hit Girl quits the costume and focus on teen drama.  We have our main villain, The Motherfucker (formerly known as Red Mist), who goes on a revenge plot against Kick Ass.  A few good violent fight scenes later, we have a decent war between heroes and villains. That's it.  Didn't like the story all that much.
This one kind of ruins the franchise.  So I recommend to stay away.