Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Weird Wednesday: Chinese Super Ninjas

This movie was awesome!  The experience was awesome.  It was my first time watching a Shaw Brothers classic on the big screen.  Man, that's a big difference. Watching it with the typical Fantastic Fest/Alamo audience made it a lot better.  Good cheesy sound effects.  Good cheesy fighting scenes.  There was also some unexpected gory scenes.  This was a ninja movie with some kung fu.  It is the story of a clan who gets massacred by a group of ninjas who were hired by a rival clan.  There was one survivor from that massacre.  That one survivor went to train to become a ninja and to learn the secrets of the five elements (which were partly used to massacre the clan).  The survivor and few of his new ninja friends teamed up to get revenge.  I like the story and all the fighting.  This is also known as Five Element Ninja or Super Ninjas. 
This has been one of my favorite Weird Wednesdays.  I'm going to try to make it to a Weird Wednesday once a month. No promises, though.  Chinese Super Ninjas is highly recommended for those fans of Shaw Brothers films.  I'm adding this to my grindhouse section.