Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Day The Earth Stood Still

Saw this sci-fi classic at the last minute when my friend Casey came over with pizza.  It was pretty good for its time but not so great now.  I like the cheesy effects and sets.  The goody two shoes kid was also funny.  The alien robot was creepy.  I think I want that costume.  Speaking of robots, I was debating if this was a Robot movie, but after seeing it, I now know it's not.  It is a slow driven movie but basically it's about this alien human looking guy who arrives to earth with his U.F.O and his robot.  He demands to speak to all the world's leaders to give them all a warning.  A few people retaliate, that's when our robot does his thing: evaporates every single scumbag in sight.  The alien man hides and stays with a family with a very swell kid.  The kid discovers who this "man" really is.  Oh, and he's very good in math.  
 I'm glad I was able to watch it cause it's supposed to be a great sci-fi classic.  
Considering this was made in 1951, not bad.  I wouldn't want to watch it again, though.