Friday, August 2, 2013

Love Exposure

Love Exposure IMDb
Finally got the chance to see this Four hour long movie.  You heard me correct: Four hour long movie. It's a crazy Japanese film by Sion Sono (the director of Suicide Club and Cold Fish).  I first heard and had the chance to see this back in 2009 during my first Fantastic Fest experience.  I was unable to see it due to the length of the movie.  Tonight, I got me a few Kirin Ichibans and pulled me an all nighter.  Did I love it?  Not love, but I did like it quite bit.  The first hour was so freaking awesome.  It was my favorite hour of the movie.  Fantastic!!  That hour saved the movie for me because the rest was so and so.  It gets very dramatic halfway through.  Luckily, there were a few action/bloody scenes that gets me back in it.  It's a long love story.  It gets annoying for a little bit there with the two main characters in love.  But, that's how it is, I guess, people in love do stupid things.  It's divided into different chapters.  Again, that first hour was awesome.  That's when you see our main character being a bad ass ninja doing upskirt photography.  No girls ever know what captured them.  Music was pretty awesome too.  The movie is also about religion and this new religious cult group that brainwashes people (reminds me of Suicide Club, a bit).  Overall, pretty good.