Sunday, August 18, 2013

Oscar Sunday: Amadeus

Amadeus
I never knew what Amadeus was about.  And of course I didn't know that Mozart's first name was Amadeus.  This is the award winning biopic about the rise and last years of one of the greatest classical composers of all time.  This is all told through the point of view of another classical musician who always jealous of Mozart.  I don't like big costume/period dramas so it was hard to enjoy this one.  The only reason I saw it was because I'm a big fan of music in general.  I wanted to see and hear some of Mozart's stuff.  Never knew he had a funny laugh and that he was somewhat weird.  This was pretty long (2 hours and 40 minutes).  I wouldn't advise it unless you're a big fan of this period or curious about Mozart.  Or if you like the opera.  Lots of opera scenes here.