Friday, August 23, 2013

The World's End (2013)

The World's End IMDb
Good times!  Good times!  My 2nd most anticipated summer movie is this movie right here.  While I think my favorite from this Edgar Wright Cornetto Trilogy is still Shaun of the Dead, this one is still up there.  Lots of little laughs here and there.  I love love the first hour.  The last part was okay.  I do like the message of this movie.  I love the characters, even the smaller characters.  Good freaking plot with a pub crawl tour full of robots and blue gooey stuff.  Favorite moment:  I love most moments but one that comes to mind is when the friends first arrive into town and Simon Pegg's character acts like a kid when he knocks on a random door and runs.  The owner of the house runs out after these middle aged men and treats them like kids.  Couldn't help laughing during that part.  The last part of the movie kind of got out there a bit.  Reminded me how "This Is The End" went out there at the end as well.  I didn't mind the over the top stuff on this one, though.  Enjoyed it. We did our own Mini Pub tour for this movie.  Ours is less hardcore than the 12 pubs challenge.  We went to 3 pubs in 3 weeks.  Each pub paired with a movie from this "trilogy."  The Gingerman, Duck and Dog Pub, and The Draughthouse Pub.




Saw this with some Wells Bombardiers (Ale from England)