Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pieta

Pieta IMDb
Very strange Korean drama we got here.  I was liking the premise and even the little plot twist in the second half but overall, I just didn't like the vibe in this.   There were some crazy torture scenes in the beginning.  That was good.  Our main character then meets his "mother" for the first time in his life and things get very weird between them.  All of a sudden he doesn't want to torture people and wants to have a family he's never had.  Weird moments happen.  I was beginning to enjoy it more there but then it fell through for me.  The "mother" never explains herself until much later in the film.  The final moments in the film were a bit random.  I guess it's supposed to be somewhat poetic.  Unfortunately, I didn't connect well with this film.  This is released through Drafthouse Films. I usually love most of their stuff.  I love Korean cinema but this movie is not worth buying.  Rent it if the trailer interests you.  You might have a different reaction than mine.