Wednesday, April 11, 2012

South American Cinema Night: A Red Bear

SOUTH AMERICAN CINEMA NIGHT

Every 2nd Wednesday of every month
I'll be checking out a movie from any country in South America.
My goal is to see one movie from each country.
This excludes any films I see at film festivals.

Tonight's movie is from Argentina.


A Red Bear
Little more dramatic than I expected.
I guess I wanted a little more action to
go along with my Fugazza (Argentinian pizza)
and Quilmes (Argentinian Beer).
Props to all the scenes that featured Quilmes.
It was okay, I guess.
I like some of the moments between "the bear" and
his daughter, like the coin scene.
A few fights, a few drinking scenes,
a lot of moaning and complaning.
I wasn't fully satisfied, I wanted a thriller
and a little bit of drama. Nothing wrong with the drama here.

I'll be seeing two more movies from Argentina this year
for my South American Cinema Night (besides the ones
I see at film festivals).
The next Argentinian South American Cinema Night will
be on August 8, 2012 with the movie, Rolling Family.
Next month, we'll go to Venezuela.