Thursday, April 19, 2012

Home Invasion Thursday: Extremities

HOME INVASION THURSDAY

Every third Thursday I'll comment on a
home invasion movie I've never seen before.
When I saw Kidnapped from Spain last year,
I decided to start a home invasion section for my collection.
Might as well do a special on this.


Extremities
80's cheesy home invasion but a little different.
It was pretty cool.
The intruder here just walks in to the house
like no ones business and starts crap with the
girl here. It's the same guy who tried to rape her
in the beginning. So he's here to finish the job.
After a while the tables turn and now he's
the one who is trapped and is being tortured.
I liked it.
I like some of the dialogue like:
"I come home and you ain't got no food."
I like how some things get a little
different and interesting once the roommates show up.
There's only two things I didn't like about the movie.
One, the main door was unlocked and the guy
just went in like that.
It was a psycho move but the girl was so paranoid
about everything that she forgot to lock
the main door.
The second thing I didn't like was the ending.
But, I did like that all this takes place during the
day. Most home invasions take place at night.
So kudos for that.

I may add this to the section one day.
We shall see.