Monday, April 9, 2012

Brick


Brick
I liked it. I liked it a lot.
This reminded me of the stories
and adventures I would think about in my head
while I was in high school.
Of course, this is not reality.
No high school kids are like this.
So it was kind of cool to see a mystery and
have these kids act as adults.
My favorite scene is when we meet "The Pin."
He's supposed to be really big in the underworld.
A few minutes later after meeting him,
we are in a dinning room and The Pin's mom is
serving juice and cookies while they discuss business.
That was awesome.
The movie gets crazier with people killing people
and stuff.
This is the same director who did "The Brothers Bloom."
I wanted to watch "Brick" for a long time.
Now the director (Rian Johnson) is coming up
with another interesting movie this year called, "The Looper."
Supposed to be a time machine gangster movie.
Can't wait.

Recommend this. Just gotta suspend your belief
that these are not your typical high school students.
They are way more organized and smarter than most
of us.