Monday, September 5, 2011

Phantom of the Paradise

MUSICAL MONDAY

[To expand my knowledge in this genre
and for the sake of trying something different,
every first Monday of every month this year,
I'll be checking out a musical I've never seen before.]


Phantom of the Paradise
Trippy ass musical to see late at night.
The story was a bit confusing
but for the most part, I think I got it.
Love some of the songs.
I like the catchy song during the final credits.
I can't believe this is directed by Brian DePalma.
It was a little dark with a few kills.
It was pretty okay as a musical.
There wasn't a song that stood out except for
the group at the beginning and also the part when
they came out looking a bit like the band, Kiss.

I wouldn't buy it but it was good to trip out a little late at night.
Good thing I wasn't on anything tonight.