Thursday, September 15, 2011

Like A Dragon

YAKUZA NIGHT THURSDAY

Every third Thursday of every month of this year,
I'll be watching a yakuza flick.
Love the yakuza genre but haven't really seen a whole lot.
There's a lot of classics out there.
This will help me explore these Japanese movies.
I'll be watching a few from directors,
Kinji Fukasaku, and Takashi Miike, as well other
yakuza flicks from the 60's and to the present.



Like A Dragon
I thought this was going to suck but
I still want it to watch it because
of Takashi Miike and because of Yakuza Night.
Luckily, this sucker was pretty good.
Kind of slow in the first half but
then lots of yakuza action in the last half.
You can't go wrong with Miike.
It has his crazy style here.
So. if you're a fan of his, this will do you good.


This is supposed to be based from the game, "Yakuza."
Don't anything about it, but I'll be down
to play if any gamer out there has it and invites me.
I'll bring what I had tonight, two tall Sapporo's.