Friday, September 16, 2011

Executioners From Shaolin / King Eagle

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE

Kung Fu Double Feature
by The Shaw Brothers


Executioners From Shaolin
Enjoyed it.
Bad English dub and some of the fighting
noises not syncing with the picture made
this hilarious.
There's lots of zoom ins and zoom outs.
There's Pai Mei.
Lots of fighting since the very beginning.
It's got the right dose for any fan of kung fu.
One can easily make fun of this movie,
I was kind of giggling in certain scenes.
Why do these people take everything so seriously?

This kicked ass for me.
A possible buy for the kung fu section.




King Eagle
This one takes a more serious route.
The story is a bit more deep.
The fighting scenes are awesome.
Lots of sword fights and lots of blood.
There's one scene that two fighters fly in the air
for a few seconds.
I enjoyed this one a lot.
The only thing was the ending.
Just didn't do it for me.

I would still love to check this out again so another possible buy.