Friday, January 28, 2011

Vigilante / Savage Streets

FRIDAY AT THE GRINDHOUSE

Every fourth Friday of each month is
Friday at the Grindhouse.
It's been a tradition for me for a couple of years now.
Tons of exploitational movies out there to explore.
A good excuse to go to I Luv Video.

Tonight, we have a vigilante revenge double feature)


Vigilante
Freaking awesome right from the start.
When I read that Quentin Tarantino brought
a 35mm copy of this film for the Inglourious Basterds
premiere with Robert Forster from Jackie Brown present,
I knew this was something special.
Great grindhouse dialogue.
Some awesome kills.
The story was a little too easy, but
common on, this is grindhouse stuff here.
Good use of music.
Big time inspiration to Tarantino.
It even has Fred Williamson from From Dusk Til Dawn.
He stole the show in my opinion.It reminded me of John Carpenter's
Assault on Precinct 13.
It was messed to see the bad guy shoot and kill this guy's son.
The law didn't do anything about it.
I'm there with this vigilante.

A must have for the Grindhouse section.
Satisfaction guaranteed for fans.

Another great Grindhouse flick.
This one was more sleazy and cheesy with 80's music.
Linda Blair kicks ass.
This one takes a while for the revenge to take place
but it also delivers the goods.
I can't believe I haven't heard about this one
before. I was just doing research
on vigilante revenge flicks that can go good
with "Vigilante" and I came across this one.
Went to I Luv Video and they had it.
Love the cover.
Love the style.
This one is a cross between "I Spit on your Grave"
and "Swingin' Cheerleaders."

Another one I got to add to the collection.
Man, badass for the first Friday at the Grindhouse
of this year.