Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Last Exorcism


The Last Exorcism
First of all, I like the story.
Mainly the concept.
But, the way it was put together, bothered me.
It took me out of the movie big time.
It was shot Blair Witch Style.
Nothing wrong with that.
But what they did here was, instead of long shots, the camera cuts
to different angles.
Even in the scary parts where there's crazy crap
happening, the camera changes angles, and
were supposed to be watching through the lens
of this documentary crew.
It wasn't believable.
If they would of done that differently,
then this would of been a whole lot better.

The setup was nice. I was hoping things would
turn out a certain way. It kind of did, but
didn't blow me away. I like that in the end, the exorcist
finally believes in the devil. Oops, that was a spoiler.
Well, it's not a new movie anymore.
And by reading this post, chances are, you might not watch it.
Other movie recommendations instead:
"[REC]" and maybe even "Devil" if you haven't seen it.
Both of those are at least more enjoyable.