Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Braveheart

SHAME ON ME NIGHT

The second Wednesday of every month
I'll see a movie that I am ashamed
to admit I've never seen before.
A movie that most have seen
and it's usually referenced in pop culture.
As a fan of cinema, I shouldn't have missed
these movies, but I did, and shame on me.
This will give me the chance to catch up on those
movies.

This month I focused on "epic" movies.
I had asked three film experts to come up with a list
of great epic movies I haven't seen.
Two movies were repeated.
Braveheart and Lawrence of Arabia.
I then asked about 10 other people
as well as my experts, which one of the
two have they seen?
Majority have seen Braveheart.
Only a few have seen Lawrence of Arabia.
I went with Braveheart.
I don't feel too embarrassed to not having seeing it,
but feel somewhat guilty as a fan of cinema in general.


Braveheart
Three hour epic. I saw this one kind of late tonight.
I was dosing off halfway through.
But, went back and made it all the way.
Great story.
I already knew this was going to be a great movie.
It came out in 1995.
Everyone's seen it.
Never heard anything bad about it.
Love the battle scenes and that betrayal scene
and finally the ending where he says,
"Freeeedoooom!!"
I don't know why it took me this long to see it.
It's not like I was trying to ignore it this whole time.
Epic based movies are hard for me to watch sometimes.
Got to be in a specific mood.
Maybe, because, I know these movies
are very long. Average three hours.

Enjoyed it. Not to the max, but now I can say,
I've seen it. Been there done that.
Next Shame on Me movie will be selected differently.
I'm going to focus on another genre and choose
five movies I'm ashamed to admit.
My film experts will help me choose from those specific
five movies.

Note: The runner up for tonight's segment is:
Lawrence of Arabia.
Need to check it out one of these days.