Monday, January 3, 2011

The Sound of Music

MUSICAL MONDAY

[To expand my knowledge in this genre and for the sake of trying something
different, every first Monday of every month this year, I'll be checking out a
musical I've never seen before.]


The Sound of Music
To kick off the first Musical Monday, I start with
this all time classic. I never seen this before,
and I never cared to see it. So, this was the point of
starting a Musical night, to give myself a chance to
see movies like these. You never know which one will
hit me personally. I didn't grow up with Musicals.
Over the years, I gained respect for them.
Movies like, Across the Universe, Cannibal the Musical,
and Romance and Cigarettes, are considered some of
my favorite Musicals.
Not a big fan, yet.
The Sound of Music was very long.
About 3 hours.
But, some of the songs, I didn't mind.
It's got a nice feeling.
I remember watching a play to this.
So, I'm already somewhat familiar with the story.
I liked the main character, Maria.
She brought the movie to life.
My favorite part was the first 30 minutes.

Nice alright musical.
It's got music that reminds me of Universal Studios Hollywood.