Friday, July 23, 2010

Mad Dog Morgan / Howling III

Friday at the Grindhouse Presents:
An Ozploitation Double Feature


Mad Dog Morgan
Before I get started with my comments,
I want to say that I first heard about these two films
when I saw the documentary, "Not Quite Hollywood."
Out of curiosity, I wanted to check these out.
Both this film and Howling III were directed
by the same director.
As far as Mad Dog Morgan, I thought it was not
as good as the documentary made it seem to be
for grindhouse fans.
Dennis Hopper was alright. I honestly thought
he was going to be crazier than what I saw.
There's some strong scenes, but as a
grindhouse picture, I didn't like it.

Hopper fans check it out.
Others, beware.




Howling III
This was a little better than the previous film.
It's so bad that it's kinda good comes into play.
The one scene that attracted me to this is part
of a movie within this movie.
This guy takes the young wolf girl to the theater
and they see a movie that has some bad ass parts.
I wish this movie was like that movie they saw.
But, cheesy dialogue and cheesy scenes
makes this one quite bit enjoyable.
Not a grindhouse classic, but something
to entertain the grindhouse fans.

If you're not into grindhouse films, don't watch this at all.
Grindhouse fans: not highly recommended but it's
alright to take a peek. Them Aussies go kinda out there
with their movies, not quite hollywood.