Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Django Kill, If You Live, Shoot!

Spaghetti Western Night Presents:

Django Kill, If You Live, Shoot!
It starts out typical but it doesn't turn out
like the typical spaghetti western.
It had a lot of things to say about racism in the beginning.
I like some of the music and certain scenes.
Would love to see the uncensored digital version,
but unfortunately all I can find today was a used up VHS.
Some of the violent scenes were distorted.
I was left a bit confused at the end.
What was the point of The Stranger?
In the end, he left with his horse empty handed.
Was it that his presence in that town sorted out
the mess between people?
I guess. Didn't like the way it turned out.

Might have to revisit this on DVD one day, but for
now, I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to.
For the record, Tomas Milian is my third favorite spaghetti
western actor (next to Lee Van Cleef and Eastwood).