Monday, November 16, 2009

Thirst

New Release Tuesdays Presents:


Thirst
The wait is over.
I finally got to see this Korean vampire flick tonight.
It's directed from my favorite Korean filmmaker,
Chan-Wook Park.
This one was very complex and slow.
It was also kind of weird.
There were moments where I felt that this
wasn't going nowhere.
Then there's moments that just made me jump up
and say, "fuck yeah." I got mixed feelings over this.
Overall, I thought it was alright for a vampire flick.
The ending was very good.
Kudos for a great original script.
And I also got to mention the cinematography.
Every single shot in this film was bad ass.
Enjoyed all these different creative angles and moves.

Worth the rent. I don't collect vampire flicks,
but if I did, I would probably buy this at a decent price.
Mainly for some good memorable scenes like "the mom"
blinking her eyes to reveal who killed her son.
Of course, this is also a must for the Chan-Wook Park collection.