Saturday, November 28, 2009

Dead & Breakfast / Tokyo Zombie

For the hell of it, today I had me zombie double feature.

Dead & Breakfast
I heard this was a funny stupid zombie movie.
And that's what I expected going into this.
However, I didn't like it as a whole.
It was stupid alright, but not the kind
of stupidity I can handle. The story was annoying,
especially when they insert music from this band
in between certain scenes.
The movie gets better towards the end.
A lot of gore in those final scenes made it watchable.
I'm not a fan of zombie movies where people
become zombies because of some voodoo spell.
That was the case here.

I bought this movie at a cheap price for the zombie collection,
but I'm not very proud of it.
This is a great example why I shouldn't buy just any movie
without seeing it first.
Even if it was for a very low price, I'm still a little disappointed
to have this on the shelf.
Who knows when I'll see it again??



Tokyo Zombie
This is my first Japanese zombie flick experience.
It was weird but alright.
It had a little better story than the previous zombie film I saw,
but not good to say that it's a classic.
I love the intro.
There's good scenes but not enough gore
for a zombie flick.
I like some of the comedy in this.
They say this is the Shaun of the Dead from Asia.

This is far from Shaun of the Dead masterpiece but it's worth
a peek if you want to see a weird zombie story.