Monday, November 16, 2009

State of Grace

[Being a big fan of the gangster genre, every third Monday
of every month, I will see a Gangster film that I haven't seen before.]

Gangster Film Night Presents:


State of Grace
After watching this movie tonight for the first time,
it was clear to me that this is one of the best gangster films
I've seen in a while. This came out in the early 90's.
Never heard of it until I did some research about a month ago.
All the performances were excellent.
Gary Oldman plays a crazy gangster.
Ed Harris plays a ruthless gangster leader.
This has a similar storyline to "The Departed."
In fact, there's some scenes that very much reminded
me of "The Departed."
This would play good as a triple feature with The Departed and
Miller's Crossing.
There's some scenes that are kinda predictable.
But still done in a bad ass way.

The next time I see this gangster flick, I'll be sure
to have a six pack of Guiness nearby.
A must see and a must buy for all fans of this genre.