Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fateless

(To explore cinema from all over the world,
every fourth Thursday of every month, I will see
a Foreign Film that I haven't seen before.
Any film not Asian or American.

Foreign Thursday was this last Thursday, but
due to the Thanksgiving Holiday, I moved the movie until today.
The movie is a Hungarian/German movie.


Fateless
I got the message they were going for but
I don't think they expressed it very good.
This is a decent WW2/Holocaust flick.
Like all flicks in this specific genre, the mood
is always sad and gloomy.
This is based on a true story.
Bad side of this was that it was way too long.
But in the good side, there were wonderful shots.
And the sound was magnificent.
Made me feel like I was suffering with these people
inside the concentration camp.
Kudos for that, just wished they would of expressed
the message more clear on why this kid loved the camp
more than being free again.