Sunday, May 31, 2015

Special ID

After watching Serpico on Netflix, I decided to watch this one afterwards just for kicks.  Donnie Yen is usually a badass but to be honest, other than IP Man, all his other movies aren't that great.  This one was silly but it was aimed to be a great action flick.  I guess it's like a Jason Statham movie.  The action sequences were a little more on the ridiculous side.  You have to suspend your belief big time especially with that crazy car chase scene where both drivers set the car to cruise control in order to fight each other.  Some of the martial arts fighting scenes were pretty awesome but nothing fresh.  Anyways, I wouldn't recommend it.  
That's all I've got.  May kind of sucked with movies except for Mad Max, Avengers, one of the Zatoichi movies, and the Hitchcock movie I saw.  The other ones either sucked or they were alright.  June looks promising though.  The Connection, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Black Sea, Wild Tales, Paddington, Frequency, The Trouble with Harry, and The Vicious Kind are some of the movies I have scheduled to see.