Monday, May 4, 2015

The People vs. George Lucas

That George Lucas guy is one son of a bitch.  This documentary just made me lose even more respect for him.  He created one of the most iconic things ever but he tried so hard to ruin that over the years.  I must admit, I wasn't disappointed with the Star Wars prequels. Yeah, it's just dust comparing to the greatness of the original Star Wars series.  But, I wasn't disappointed.  I probably hate cgi more than anybody here but I still thought the prequels were "okay."  Watching this doc, made me realize how even more stupid those prequels were.  What the fuck?  Also, it is sad world we live in when the original Star Wars prints are nowhere to be found.  I mean, come on, they could just release a big limited edition box containing both the originals and the George Lucas bells and whistles editions.  It would sell like crack in the streets of Detroit. Stop, you racist bastard!  I didn't say anything racist.  Just saying it's a money grabber.  There are some releases out there that contain both the theatrical cut and director's cut.  Why not do it to one of the greatest movies ever?  Because George Lucas is one son of a bitch, that's why. 
No more venting.  Time to drink my sorrows away.  Happy May the Fourth, everybody.