Friday, May 22, 2015

Kingsman: The Secret Service

Son of a bitch, Johnny.  This was pretty fucking good.  Not as great as Kick Ass or X-Men: First Class but in par with Layer Cake.  What do all these movies have in common?  They're all directed by Matthew Vaughn.  His latest film delivered in the action department.  Story needed a little more kick.  Didn't care too much about the main character, Eggsy.  Some of the jokes weren't that funny.  I did like a lot of the sequences though.  Good surprises in the first half.  Second half, predictable.  Colin Firth's character, Harry Hart, is a badass in here.  Kudos on the Freebird song.  Church scene was one of my favorite scenes. 
Saw this at the discount theatre this morning.  Good entertainment.  Now, some people think I take movies very seriously and yes they are fucking right.  I've been a cinephile since as far as I can remember.  I also connect them with food and daily events, or try to.

Here are three examples today: 

My son graduated from preschool today before I went to the theatre.  They played the traditional graduation song as he walked to his seat with the rest of his class.  Well, in Kingsman, in another favorite scene of mine, they also played the same traditional song. That was pure coincidence.  Made me a happy camper at the theatre.

The movie had a dinner scene where surprisingly, McDonalds food was served.  So I decided to stop by McDonalds and order exactly what they had, or what Harry Hart had.

And third, Harry Hart had a Guiness during a good scene.  I went to my favorite pub and ordered a refreshing Guiness.  

Here I am at the Draught House as I'm writing this.  Kingsman Movie Day Experience complete.