Friday, May 22, 2015

Hitchcock Thursday: To Catch a Thief

Smooth.  Very smooth Hitchcock movie.  Lots of classy scenes and of course, lots of suspense.  Great movie about an ex jewel thief trying to clear his name by catching the real thief.  Forget the police, it takes a thief to catch a thief.  That's pretty much the message here.  Hence, the title, To Catch a Thief.  There's also a romantic sub-plot Hitchcock style.  I enjoyed it a lot.  I should have had brandy, maybe a picnic with chicken and French beer.  Oh, there's wine on here too.  I should have had all that.  There's a quiche lorraine scene here too (Hitchcock's favorite dish).  For those not aware yet, I have a thing for food and movie pairings.  So, I always look out for that.  
Excellent Hitchcock film.  A perfect double feature would be this and a cool Animation I saw a few years back called, A Cat in Paris.  Next month for Hitchcock Thursday, I'll be checking out, The Trouble with Harry.